F/S: Canon 5DMkIII, 16-35mm L II, 24-105mm IS L & more...
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

F/S: Canon 5DMkIII, 16-35mm L II, 24-105mm IS L & more...

by beeb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi folks,

I am selling up my Canon gear as I haven't really been using it of late.

Up for sale I have my:

16-35mm f/2.8 USM L II.
    Excellent condition, only 'damage' is a couple of very light scuffs on the lens cap and lettering where I must've rested the lens on something like a rock changing lenses in the forest. Otherwise perfect - no marks, scratches, damage. Optics are perfect also, no internal dust or mould, no external scratches, etc... Comes with lens hood and all the original packaging also. Purchased 06/07/2011, but the pictures should show that it is truly like new.
    $1400

24-105mm f/4.0 USM IS L.
    Excellent condition, no scuffs on the black area of the lens cap , but some of the silver is slightly scuffed off the 'Canon' lettering. Otherwise perfect like the 16-35mm - no marks, scratches, damage. Optics are perfect also, no internal dust or mould, no external scratches, etc... Comes with lens hood all the original packaging also. It was purchased 02/08/2011 as part of 5D Mark II Kit, but I later sold the 5D Mark II to another forum member so it only comes with the unmarked box that was contained within the kit.
    $700
    SOLD

Canon 5D Mark III D-SLR Body.
    Has only approximetely 7,600 actuations. Immaculate condition - no marks, scratches, scuffs, damage, etc. Purchased 05/07/2012. Will come with an extra battery, the charger, cords, etc and all the original packaging.
    $2800
    SOLD

All the body and lenses are Australian stock, purchased from Canon-certified local retailers.

For Sale by T. Flack, on Flickr

For Sale by T. Flack, on Flickr

If you're interested in any of the items, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Also, if you require any pictures of any specific detail feel free to let me know and I will do my best to accomodate...

Thanks for looking! ;)
    Last edited by beeb on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: F/S: Canon 5DMkIII, 16-35mm L II, 24-105mm IS L & more..

by W G » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Does this mean that the Fuji will be the mainstay? Or have you bought a Medium Format Digital?

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

W G wrote:Does this mean that the Fuji will be the mainstay? Or have you bought a Medium Format Digital?

Cheers,

As much as I would love to dabble in Medium Format Walter, the costs are much too prohibitive for me at the moment.

So yes, the Fuji will now be the mainstay. OK, the fine detail resolution isn't there compared to the FF D-SLR or MF digitals - but if I'm being realistic I don't really need that either.

At this point in time, it's largely that the Fuji has freed me up to enjoy photography again. The Canon setup I gradually collected and cycled through covered nearly ever creative option available, but it lost the enjoyment of simply going out and seeing what I could find to capture - it became an obsession to try a nail a technique, rather than an emotion, detail or scene. In some ways I'm glad I've gone through that phase, because it greatly improved my instincts of how to control a camera to create a certain look or feel to an image - but now I just want to get out there and explore the world through the lens again. 8)
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:17 pm

beeb wrote:but it lost the enjoyment of simply going out and seeing what I could find to capture - it became an obsession to try a nail a technique, rather than an emotion, detail or scene. In some ways I'm glad I've gone through that phase, because it greatly improved my instincts of how to control a camera to create a certain look or feel to an image - but now I just want to get out there and explore the world through the lens again. 8)

I think that there are possibly quite a few newcomers to the craft that should have that crocheted into their pillow slips and ponder the wise revelation nightly.

Funny enough, I sold the Fuji to buy a Hasselblad and I am about to put the 'Blad on Ebay tonight too. It transpired that it did a barely adequate job of doing what the 4x5 does with ease. It may even end up that I get the Fuji back off the chap I sold it to. He has an array of MF digital kit and while the idea of the Fuji may have been appealing, in practice he is marching to the beat of a different drummer ..... as I am too.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    GeoffM
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by GeoffM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

Good luck with the sale beeb. My Nikon gear is very nearly going the same way in favour of the Fuji X system. Strange thing is I was hankering after FF for a few years, only got there about 12 months ago and now it maybe moving on in favour of a lightweight (in terms of kg) system and an APS C sensor!
    Fuji | X-Pro1 | XE-1 | XT-1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com
    http://xtographer.weebly.com
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 pm

GeoffM wrote:Good luck with the sale beeb. My Nikon gear is very nearly going the same way in favour of the Fuji X system. Strange thing is I was hankering after FF for a few years, only got there about 12 months ago and now it maybe moving on in favour of a lightweight (in terms of kg) system and an APS C sensor!

Cheers mate. I moved to FF relatively quickly, but (like you) over time have found the weight of the system to lower the enjoyment of the pursuit. Not to take anything away from the Canon though - and I'm sure someone will love all this stuff though, it all depends what you're wanting at the time.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Not to derail the thread, I listed the Hasselblad on EBay this morning and a bid to secure the purchase was lodged by lunchtime. Since the chap who bought my Fuji X-E 1. Is busting to get rid of it, I wonder if I will succumb to temptation?
    Walter Glover

• beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

W G wrote:Not to derail the thread, I listed the Hasselblad on EBay this morning and a bid to secure the purchase was lodged by lunchtime. Since the chap who bought my Fuji X-E 1. Is busting to get rid of it, I wonder if I will succumb to temptation?

I think it could be worth your while Walter. Might just be a matter of needing to take the time to adjust to it, and probably more so for you - the difference in workflow. SOOC jpegs are a realistic propostion. The hardest thing for me was teaching myself not pixel-peep the files at 100%, or I'd find myself longing for the extra 5% or so that the 5D would give. However zooming out and taking them in as a whole I can really feel why people get so attached to the Fuji's images.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm

""O ""my god Déjà vu
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)